Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring is here!!!

Spring arrived yesterday in Calgary.  These beautiful spring flowers were not there two days ago when I ran by, but they are here now.  Apparently spring arrives in Calgary on May 3.

For those of you who are wondering if I am "quilting in 3C", well I am.  I finished this small Jo's Little Women quilt and am still working on a Lori Smith applique.

On my run yesterday I found a new area along the Elbow River.  I went through a beautiful older neighborhood with amazing houses.  It's funny here, all the houses are right next to each other and I mean right next to each other.  There is hardly any yard at all.  That may not be so bad, no yard work and more time for quilting and running!!  Below is the area of the Elbow that I ended up at.  It was so beautiful and full of people walking their dogs and hiking.  I had to hike up a large hill which is where I took this picture from.  By the time I got back I probably ran at least 5 miles maybe more.  Not bad for an old woman!

Today my mission was to see if you can buy Clariton in Canada.  I did find it as well as many other things while I was out.  There is a wonderful art supply store just up the street so I stopped by today and picked up a few things to hopefully spark the artist in me.  I'll keep you posted on that just don't hold your breath.  On the way back to the condo I noticed how beautifully blue the sky was so I wanted to share that with all of you, especially those of you in Ohio who don't get much of that these days.

Now off to work on another quilt and maybe Oliver and I will get out for a walk and enjoy this great weather today.

Bye for now!!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment